Sunday, May 9, 2010

Make that last 2 pounds!

Well, I know better than anybody that eating is 80% of weight loss. Even though I eat well, it really can be about what you eat WITH what and eliminating processed foods. When you think of processed foods, do you think of whole grain pasta? Do you think of brown rice? Do you think of the flour and yeast I use to bake my OWN bread? Aren't foods like this "whole" foods? Well, sadly for me, they all are processed - and none are "whole." If they can't be eliminated, you have to eat them very minimally; and if you eat them, you can expect slowed weight loss. I can't STAND that... but I am trying to deal with it during this boot camp I signed up for so I can kick this terrible baby weight's ass. All of a sudden, I lost three pounds. Alas, nutrition can be a royal pain in the ass!

So, how does it happen? It all seems so silly and easy, but it really isn't at all. You'll see that it is pretty similar to a detox plan I used before, but there are more carbs, but only whole carbs in their most pure form. Here is a sample of a meal plan:

Meal 1 (Breakfast):
Omelette made with 3 eggs and 1 cup of veggies (any kind)
1 medium piece of fruit (any kind)
Water

Meal 2:
13 raw almonds
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1 cup strawberries

Meal 3 (Lunch):
4 oz chicken breast (grilled or baked from raw on your own)
1 cup of green steamed veggies
1 medium piece of fruit (any kind)
You can put a tbs of olive oil on the veggies. I use a homemade apple cider vinaigrette that has less oil than that, but nontheless, it adds fat. If you are unsure, just don't improvise. It's not worth it.

Meal 4:
Yogurt
13 almonds

Meal 5 (Dinner):
4 oz chicken or fish (any kind) grilled or baked from raw on your own
1 cup green steamed veggies
A fresh salad made with any lettuce/spinach and any vegetable except onions and carrots
1 tbs each olive oil and apple cidar vinegar as a dressing
1 medium piece of fruit

Meal 6:
1/2 cup cottage cheese
13 almonds
1 cup strawberries

Before attempting this meal plan, I recommend going back to the entry of this blog titled "Detox 101: Getting Started" so that you can find out vital information regarding your own body. I would also recommend looking over those meal plans because at the beginning of each day I posted important information that I remembered over the course of the detox. Please remember from those entries that you are not supposed to drop below 1200 calories a day if you are living a lifestyle. A few days will never kill anyone, but your body will starve and may actually hang on to excess weight as defense. Also remember that peas, potatoes, and corn are considered starches, not veggies. I want to get this posted now because a few people are waiting on this meal plan. Good health, Nat



Disclaimer & Resource Information